Valentine's Day

Blanche Devereaux from The Golden Girls thinks Valentine's Day is the most romantic day of the year. I couldn't agree more.

Last Thursday Steve showed up to my work with the kids.  They brought me a rose, chocolate covered pretzels and they took me to lunch.  I totally thought this was my Valentine's Day gift and I was beyond thrilled. 

Steve left for work on Sunday and I thought we would exchange a couple "Happy Valentine's Day" lines over the phone on Monday, and that would be that.

Well, imagine my surprise when a delivery man walked into the office, announced my name and handed me these:


The card read "beautiful flowers for a beautiful Mommy.  Love, Steve, Ben and CC"

I was beyond thrilled.  Lilies are my absolute favorite flower, and I can't wait until they all open...they will be gorgeous.

Everyone says flowers are Valentine's Day are cliche.  I don't.  I think they are wonderful.  I was totally NOT expecting these, and getting them made them all the more special. 
Little touches like this keep the spark alive.  Having a husband that travels so much isn't easy, but after having a rough day at work I was able to look at these on our dining room table and smile.  That means a lot! 
 

Comments