"where are we going again?" asked the pilot

You would think that a pilot knows where he is flying, right?  Well, you may be surprised. 

Steve left for this last trip preparing for a Cacun overnight, as well as two nights in Costa Rica.

We don't have an international phone plan, so I was preparing to be rather distant from him.  He called before he left for his Costa Rica overnights, and we signed off for the next 36 hours or so.

About an hour later I get this text from Steve
"just fyi...i just figured out we are going to SJC, not SJO...so San Jose, California...I won't be out of reach after all"


Immediately, I picked up the phone and called him.  He informed me of what happened and boy was I cracking up! Like, cracking up so much I was crying.  He was laughing pretty hard too.

Here is how it all went down: he and CA (who also was thinking Costa Rica) approach the gate to prepare for their flight.  CA says something like this to the gate agent "when are you going to update the flight info on the sign?"

"What do you mean?" she asked. 

He responses with "you have the right flight number, but we are going to Costa Rica, not California"  She then proceeded to inform Steve and the CA about what was really going on. They were flying to SJC, not SJO.




In their defense, I think the biggest thing that made them think Costa Rica was the 36 hour layover.  It is rare for Steve to have two consecutive nights in a domestic city. And with the airport codes so similar (SJO/SJC), they probably just made a connection with a glance of their schedule and then went with it.

When Steve was telling me this we were both cracking up!  I think I even heard the CA laughing too.

I guess Steve and the CA were even talking about things they were going to do in Costa Rica like ziplines and whatever else.  I wonder if they were dissappointed?  I just hope the shorts Steve packed were suitable for California...or else he would be sporting his uniform pants with a t-shirt and flip flops.

Comments

  1. That is funny! Could you imagine the look of all the "Software Geeks" on the plane when told you have landed in Costa Rica NOT San Jose! No ziplines in San Jose but there is an Applebees!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about it being loaded with software geeks...too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment