I suppose all pilots would like roller coasters

I may have mentioned that I have cousins that are visiting from Poland.  So, we are trying to show them a good time.  A bit ago we went to an amusement park.  We had fun.  Steve loves roller coasters.  I suppose all pilots would like roller coasters.  I, on the other hand, am the biggest wimp in the world...ever.  I just do not handle roller coasters well, at all. 

Steve can handle the biggest of coasters, and laugh through the entire ride.  Oddly enough, his natural reaction isn't to scream (like me) or remain quiet (like my cousin), but laugh when on a coaster.  And then when Steve gets off the coaster, he is just fine and ready for another.  He could just ride and ride and ride all day long. 

As for me, I hate roller coasters. I hate each and every second when on one.  

As we were leaving the park, we came across some little dinky roller coaster.  Why not give it a try?  All the riders in front of me were having fun, even the little kids, so I figured I would join in.  The coaster didn't look all that thrilling, so I thought I could handle it just fine.

 
I sat next to Steve.  Keep in mind I am about 6'1".  My damn knees were hitting and I could barely fit into the damn seat.  Then the ride started...I screamed in a playful way, and then the ride really started. 

I screamed my head off.  Like that really high pitched girly scream from a bad horror movie...yup, that was me. Steve looked at me and said "you are joking!"  Nope.  No joking here.  It sucked.

Every single second of that ride totally sucked.  I got off and was shaking and thought I was going to vomit.  Meanwhile, the 5-year-old who was behind me was all chill and thought the ride was almost boring.  Steve probably had more thrilling flights.

I suck on roller coasters.  My body just does not handle riding a roller coaster.  I guess that just adds one more reason as to why I wouldn't be a good pilot: I am not good at diagnosing problems, and I am scared shitless on roller coasters.





some amusement park picture fun:



Comments