Fever

Steve's 4-day trip started Tuesday morning.

Ben's fever started Tuesday morning. Lovely.

My poor kid has been feverish, sneezy, coughy and leaky since Tuesday. I had to miss work Tuesday and Wednesday since daycare has a no fever policy. Plus, he needs to be home to rest and get better.

Thank goodness for my retired in-laws. They rescued me on Wednesday afternoon. They have been up watching the kids while I go into work.

Steve gets home today. I can't wait! I have already told him that I am going to sleep in Saturday morning. Not only has Ben been waking numerous times a night, so has CC. Needless to say, the longest stretch of sleep I have had in the last couple nights has been four hours. I am t.i.r.e.d.

Wah-wah! I know...I signed up for this. But, it still sucks.

I can't help but think of what Steve has been doing on his trip: two overnights in warm Florida, the other in somewhat warm Atlanta, a dinner at PF Changs, and more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. I know he would rather be home than working, but I can't help but be envious of him being away from all this.

Hopefully my next blog entry will be a bit more cheerful :)

Comments