Mamma's Boy

Steve and the kids surprised me today by coming to my office with flowers. We then went to lunch at McDonalds. It was a very nice little Valentine's Day treat.

Steve dropped me back off at work, and then headed home. 10 minutes later he called me and I could hear Ben in the back screaming "mommy...mommy....MOMMY".

Steve's response, "mamma's boy!".

Cecilia is also very attached to me. Case in point: during mass on Sunday I had to deal with Ben so I handed a sleeping Cecilia to my mother. She woke up and cried and cried. My mom excused herself, but after five minutes of trying to calm her nothing worked. My mom handed Cecilia to me, and she stopped crying instantly.

Here is the thing about the kids that people don't really get: I am their ONLY constant. Steve is a terrific father, but he is in and out of our lives. They kids know that I am their one thing that won't go away. Therefore, they are more attached to me. Now, I am sure that when the kids get older and are more independent things will change. But now, I will just have kids that are uber attached to me (and I am quite okay with that!).

Comments