Radio silent

It has been over 24 hours since I last spoke with Steve. He is in Mexico City, and since he doesn't go out of country all that much we do not have an international calling plan on our phones.

Two words to describe this: radio silent.

It was about 2:30pm yesterday and I was sitting at my desk thinking of the radio silent thing and how it would make for a good blog post. Honest-to-goodness right as I was thinking that I got this email from Steve, "Just fyi I'm in..I have wifi access on my phone....pain, but better than nothing...I hope your day is going well!"

That email was a nice little treat to get me through the day, I have to say.

Going back to the radio silent thing, it is tough. There were a couple things that I would have loved to share with Steve yesterday, but I couldn't because I couldn't call him.

Last night as I was reading books to Ben before bed, the phone rang. I ignored it. Ben started to walk out of his room to answer the phone. I asked what he was doing, and in his own way said that he was going to answer the phone because Daddy was calling. I told him that it wasn't Daddy. He looked at me in confusion. How do you explain to a 2 1/2 year old that Daddy doesn't have international coverage on his phone, therefore he wasn't the phone calling us? I just lead him back to the book, and he was distracted.


In a couple hours Steve will be back in the country and I will be able to get in touch with him. I have to admit, the whole radio silent thing is for the birds.

Comments