hey baby, I'm an airline pilot

Steve and I went on a date on Thursday.  It was wonderful!  We went to a local Thai restaurant.  Really, it was just great!

As we were eating we talked about the Captain that Steve just flew with.  For the visual picture a man in his late 40's, average looks, and slicked back dark hair.  Typical looking guy - nothing remarkable about him.  Nothing bad necessarily, just an average Joe kind of guy.  He told Steve, at one point, that he only dates women in their 20's. 

Was he telling the truth?  No reason to believe otherwise.  But, we sort of pieced together that his pick up lines must include his occupation.  Hey baby, I'm an airline pilot.

Does a woman find an airline pilot attractive?  Is that really a useful pick up line?  If it is true that he really does only date women in their 20's, then something in his come-ons must be working.

And just for the record, even though Steve did pick me up from a bar, he didn't use the "hey baby, I'm an pilot" pickup.  It wasn't until we started talking more that I found out he was a pilot...you know, typical get-to-know-you type questions.  He was flying corporate at the time, and since I knew so little (and I mean almost nothing) about the aviation industry I didn't think he was a real pilot. I only thought real pilots are airline pilots with the blazer and the hat walking through terminals at the airports...boy, was I ever wrong!

As a matter of fact, Steve actually goes out of his way to not mention his occupation to people.  If directly asked, he will directly answer.  But, he usually will just say the company name, and if pushed he will say pilot.  He is just not one to flaunt his job.

Now, said CA sure does flaunt his job around.  A lot apparently.  I wish him all the best, I really do...and hey, if he is on a personal crusade to fulfill every doing-it-with-a-pilot fantasy out their, then good for him!

Comments

  1. Ok I am laughing out loud you are too funny! I so needed this today. What an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope Steve doesn't read it and ask that I delete it. I could have said more about the CA, but I won't...sort of goes without saying.

    Glad I could make you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband's just like Steve. Goes out of his way to not mention his profession. Will say, "I work at XYZ airport" or "I'm in transportation." I think they're trying hard not to be grouped in with arrogant pilots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "As a matter of fact, Steve actually goes out of his way to not mention his occupation to people. If directly asked, he will directly answer. But, he usually will just say the company name, and if pushed he will say pilot. He is just not one to flaunt his job."
    LOL!
    Exactly what my Husband does. He hates telling anyone he's a Pilot, too hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually find that most pilots don't always volunteer their occupation - it helps prevent stupid questions LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment