Eastbound and Down

I have been wanting to blog out this for the longest time, and I finally got the material to do it.

When Steve flies from Hawaii to California it is a LONG flight.  I also believe it is a red-eye, based on east coast body clock time.  So, I think that he has to mentally prepare for this leg in a different way than most other flights.

For some reason, the song Eastbound and Down always pops up into Steve's head when it comes to that leg. 

The lyrics go something like this:
Eastbound and down, loadin' up and truckin...
we got a long way to go, and a short time to get there...

I mean, it does makes sense. He is eastbound.  He is loaded up and is truckin'.  It is a long way to go, and they have a short time to get there...

And thanks to Steve, every.single.time this song pops up on iTunes, I have visions of him in that right seat, yoke in hand, tunes playing overhead, and Steve bopping to the beat.  My vision gets even better if the CA is doing the same. Imagine: two dancing pilots up in the cockpit...hilarious!

So, the material for this post: Steve and I took a road trip to Chicago recently for a Big Chill weekend.  Here we are in the car, after a food stop, and Steve just had to put this song on to keep us motivated...

Comments