Is this the blog equivalent of a chain letter? Does anyone remember those? Anyways, this has been floating around the blog world for a couple days and I was tagged and who am I to break the chain? Thank you, Amber from Gym Class Dropout for the tag! These things amuse me so here it goes!
Post these rules
You must post 11 random things about yourself
Answer the questions set for you in their post
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
Eleven Random Things about me:
1. I have pointy ears, sort of. My nephew has the same.
2. I have OCD when it comes to setting the alarm clock. I check it about 10 times before I settle down that the alarm is, in fact, set to wake me up in the morning.
3. I birthed CC within 24 minutes after arriving at the hospital. No drugs, obviously, and it fucking hurt like hell. But, the pain was over the instant she was out...the most amazing thing! Steve almost passed out. Hell, I almost passed out, but only after I was screaming "it hurts. help me."
4. I almost drowned when at the waterpark with my girl scout troop when I was a kid. I was in the tide pool and they had to stop the waves and everything. I am embarrassed, but I lived.
5. In turn, I have rescued 3 kids from downing...I was once a lifeguard.
6. I believe everyone should work retail at some point in their life, to know what it is like to be on the other side. I also believe that everyone should live alone at some point in their life, so that you can listen to the voices in your head.
7. Speaking of voices, when I was a kid I had an encounter with a voice in the basement at a friend's house. As we were talking down into the basement, my friend said "is anyone down here?" And a voice said "Yes." We were scared shitless! We ran back upstairs crying. Her dad even went into the basement with a gun to check to see if anyone was down there, since our response was that real.
8. Anytime I see a white butterfly I think of my grandmother, who passed away in 2003.
9. I constantly tell Steve that if I die, I want him to remarry so our kids have a mother. He is reluctant since he doesn't know who would greet him in heaven, me or his second wife.
10. I am a very visual person. I love art. I love watching people. I have a crazy photographic memory...hell, I still remember exactly what Steve wore on our first date 14 years ago!
11. Speaking of our first date, I will also remember the feeling I had with Steve on our first date. Mine you, we met it a bar, so aside from an hour or two on the phone I didn't really know him well at all. I don't remember exactly what we talked about or exaclty what we did, but I remember how he made me feel...he felt like home.
Amber's Questions for Me:
If you could have dinner with any one person (dead or alive), who would it be?
Hands down, my grandmother. I would give anything to spend more time with her and ask her the things I never did.
What/who is your favorite band/musician?
My go-to is Dave Matthew's Band.
What is your favorite thing about being a "grown up?"
The control I have over my life.
What is your least favorite thing about being a "grown up?"
So far, nothing. Life is good. Now, I do fear disease as I grow older, but I try to fight that off now with proper nutrition.
Describe your best friend(s).
Steve is my best friend, first and foremost. And I think that if you read this blog, you already have a sense of who he is. As for others, I have best friends in different ways. My sisters, my aunt, and my mom...of course! All are women I can talk to about anything, even bitch about anything, and will always love me. And then I have my college best friends, and my Peace Corps best friends. These are people with whom I have been through so much with, that our bond will always be strong. And then my margarita night best friends, who I just love and adore.
Early bird or night owl?
early bird, no question.
Do you have a secret talent or just a talent that is unique?
No. Nothing secret about me. And no, I am really not talented at anything specifically.
What is your favorite holiday?
Probably Christmas. The traditions, the music, the time of the year, the lights, the smells...
Have any tattoos?
Yup, 1 so far. A purple star on my foot. I got it in Prague when I was a PCV. Steve and I talk about getting a matching tattoo, something with the kids initials or something like this.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as an outlet really. If you know me in real life, I am a talker and a story teller. This lets me "talk" more and tell more stories.
What is your favorite meal?
I have a couple:
- Brennan's in New Orleans. When each course was offered, the entire table was silent...it was that good!
- Don and Charlie's in Scottsdale. Steve and I took a weekend trip there a couple years back, and everything about that weekend was awesome, including this dinner. The best dirty martini ever, and the best creme brulee ever!
Now, I know I should pass this along to 11 people...but, I am being lazy right now, and just don't want to :)