Gotta love technology

Ring Ring...Ring Ring

"Daddy is calling!" I put the phone on speaker...and so our phone call with Daddy began.

"Daddy, where are you?" asked Ben.

"I am in Fort Lauderdale.  Do you know where Fort Lauderdale is?"

"No."

"It is in Florida."

Ben's eyes lit up.  Ben loves Florida. "You are kidding me" Ben said. 

"No, I am not kidding you.  Here, let me take a picture from my hotel room and I will send it to you."

Minutes later, the kids were looking at this:

Proof that Daddy was in Florida. 

*****

After dinner, the kids and I had a conversation with Daddy...face to face!
I am sure that Ben and Daddy were discussing big world issues here.   
On second thought, I bet Ben was showing Daddy his "watch", which is a claw thing from some digger that he just rediscovered in the toy room.

I believe that Daddy was making funny faces here. Daddy will make funny faces and the kids will crack up.  This conversation also led to showing off parts of the body.  CC shoved her foot into the camera, and Ben followed suit.  CC also stood up on the chair to show her butt to Daddy.  Fun times. 
*****

In this day and age, I love that we can call Daddy like this. 
It makes being far away, not so far away.


Comments

  1. It is amazing how much it helps, the other day son had a rough day and fell three times while playing with friends skinning his knees pretty badly. He was all over Skype showing daddy his scabs. I love the fact that Mr. Right can be in the loop even when he is in the middle of the ocean on an oil rig. They also make faces so seeing your son totally cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a way we could keep record of their chat...those 'making faces' chats could win on america's funniest videos, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment