Boyfriends? Different Daddy's? Flight attendants? Oh boy!

A good friend stopped by for a visit the other weekend.  This good friend is a college friend, so we go way back.  We have been through a lot together.  We have a solid friendship.  He is one of my best friends.  This friend happens to be male.  Let's call him M.  He stopped by on a Sunday afternoon while I was doing some gardening.  Steve was on a trip.

M decided to roll up his sleeves, grab a shovel and helped out.  After helping me plant about 40 stella d'oro lilies, it was time to start on the next thing.  We moved on to splitting and transplanting a rather large hydrangea.  At one point during all the mess, Ben mentioned something about M being my boyfriend.  Um, what?

M and I basically froze, looked at each other, and chuckled.  I went on to explain to Ben that M is not my boyfriend.  "Since I am married to Daddy, I can't have a boyfriend."  And just to clarify, there really isn't anything fishy going on here.  And if there was, like I would be broadcasting it on my blog which MY HUSBAND READS.  I think Ben was getting all this because his pre-school classmates pair up as boyfriend/girlfriend.  Ben is on girlfriend #2 at this point in the school year.  He is a stud. 

*****

CC is wrapped around Steve's pinky finger.

CC knows this. Steve knows this. 

When Steve is gone and she is in trouble, she will often cry out with "I want my Daddy."  Sorry sweetheart, Daddy is 2,000 miles away and can't help you on this one.  This used to bother me since I really thought she was missing him, but I now know that she is just playing me.

Well, the other morning all of us, including Steve, were in the kitchen getting ready for work/school.  Something set CC off, and she started to cry a bit.  I think she got upset because she wanted chocolate for breakfast, and of course that isn't proper breakfast food.  "I want my Daddy," she cried.

"Um, CC...I am right here." Steve said.  "Unless, there is something that I don't know?!"  Steve gave me a look.  I smiled.

*****

Before Steve's last trip, like while he was getting ready for his trip...so he had maybe 20 minutes before he was walking out the door...he couldn't keep his hands off me.  But, when there are awake children buzzing around the house, there isn't much you can do about the situation.  I felt badly that all this was leading to nothing.  I made the suggestion to Steve that maybe a flight attendant would be able to fulfill him. 

*****

Steve's parent's stopped by the other night.  They watched the kids while Steve and I went to visit the newborn baby that our friends just had.  To prepare to our visit, Steve took a quick shower and freshened up.  He made his way downstairs, and I have to say he looked quite sharp in a baby blue polo shirt.  I didn't recognize the shirt, and since I do ALL his shopping down to his underwear, I said "well, that shirt is nice."  His response?  "Thanks, my girlfriend got it for me."

*****

I don't know what it is lately, but there is chatter here and there about this stuff. This post is neither here nor there.  As I mentioned, there has recently been this reoccurring chatter and I just couldn't help but post. I am sure that this playful banter happens in other pilot households...again, since we all live parallel lives.














Comments

  1. there is no pilot in our house, but we do the same things. For us its just a silly bit of fun we like to have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know another non-pilot couple that does the same thing. It is totally playful.

      Delete
  2. Funny, this never seems to come up in our conversations at home. However similar to your story, when our son is upset he usually screams, "I want my mommy!" which is understandable since I am not home all the time. However when mom says "No" to ice cream at 7:30AM, the next thing to come out of our son's mouth is, "Dad?" Yeah right, nice try buddy.

    Most of the topic regarding pilots and girlfriends in our household goes something like this:

    Wife will ask, "Is (insert name of one of my Captains or a close pilot friend) still dating that blonde/crazy/hooker/psycho girlfriend from Vegas/NYC/SF/Madrid/Miami/LA/Bangkok?

    I'll either smile and reply, "Yeah, and she's actually nice/smart/etc or possibly I will reply, "No, they finally broke up thank God and now's he's moved on to some blonde/crazy/hooker/psycho girl."

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE hearing about the dating lifestyle of pilots!

      Delete

Post a Comment