Run Steve, run!

Steve ran 13.1 this past weekend. He finished about 5 minutes slower than his goal, so he was disappointed. But, nonetheless we are very proud of him.

He started running nearly 10 years ago, when his sister suggested he run a marathon. He set his goal, and did it. Steve is very driven. He is completes tasks...so, if his training program tells him he needs to run xx miles on a certain day, he will. He is also introverted, so I'm pretty sure he likes the quiet space in his head when he is on the road.

I had plans to go to Chicago to visit friends this past weekend, but ultimately I decided to stay in town. Logistically it was just the best thing. And, good thing I did...look at the shirt he wore
"I love my awesome wife"
When I first saw the shirt I was quite surprised to see it. To start, Steve isn't one to be all ooey-gooey-lovey-dovey. He doesn't proclaim his love for me on Facebook, for example. Hell, I don't even get a birthday wish on Facebook. So, I was surprised to see this outward display of love. When I question his reasoning for getting the shirt, he responded with, "because you are awesome."

And, damnit, I am! I'll admit it. I am nothing but supportive when it comes to Steve and his training schedules. I know this is something that he has a strong desire to do. Plus, I know that running is good for him. When I lay my head on his chest and I hear his slow heartbeat, I know his body is fit. That makes me happy...health is wealth. And, it is a great example to our kiddos to lead an active lifestyle. I'll be the first to admit that it is hard to support him, sometimes. He is gone every week for work, and then when he IS home, training runs can keep him away from home even more. But, anytime I feeling not so happy about his runs, I make sure reason takes the forefront and I keep positive.

mile 12. Hurting, but almost done.
****

As the main cook in the house, I always love to hear "Mommy, make this recipe again" and "Mommy, this tastes great!" On Monday, after PSR, I whipped up a super easy recipe that I have to share.


Sour Cream Chicken:
1 pound chicken
1 onion
paprika
chicken bouillon
sour cream
flour

I had chicken breast on hand, and I cut them into bite sized (give or take) pieces. I cooked them in a pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I added a bit of water to speed along the cooking process. Once the chicken was nearly done, I added sliced onions to the pan. Once the onions were translucent, I added a bit more water and with about a tablespoon of chicken bouillon.

I put about a cup of sour cream in a bowl, and mixed in about 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour. The flour helps the sour cream to not curdle when you add it to something hot. REMEMBER that!!

I then added the sour cream to the pan with the chicken, incorporated it, and then let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Done. And it was really, really good. I served it with potatoes and zucchini. It would be really good with noodles or rice.

It was super easy!


***

That's about all I have in me this week. Sorry. Steve has been home all week, which has been great. But, my evenings have been spent with him, and not writing. Not to mention, we will be on vacation next week, so I have been quite busy getting prepared for that. Because of our travels, I won't be posting a blog next week. I love posting for you guys, but I typically disconnect when I'm away.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and a great next week.

Ciao ciao!

Comments