Where the hell have I been?

 It has been three months since my last blog. Holy Shit! Where the hell have I been? Life has been busy.

School started mid-August, which sucks up a ton of time. Cici has been having a great year, which is great. On the other hand, Ben has been having a very hard time adjusting this year. This has never been an issue in the past. School has always been "easy" so this is new territory for all of us. There have been lots of tears and talks...lots of encouraging and assistance. We have made really good progress, and things are on the right track. But, it's been a lot of work. Of course, I have a post drafted about my struggles with it as a solo-parent through it all, but I just haven't finished it. 

I'm coaching and volunteering, which takes up most evenings on two nights.

I turned 40 in September.


I finished writing the first (very raw) draft of my first book.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Joanna (@comebackdaddy) on


We hosted a badass Halloween Party. The theme was 1978, to honor the year I was born. It's obvious who I was. Steve was Freddie Mercury.
You can't stop staring at Steve's junk, can you? 


Steve's dad went through a really rough patch with his health. He is at home now, which we are thankful. Seeing a loved one go through health issues takes a lot of energy, to say the very least.

So, that sums up my last couple months. Not to mention, I still think I am battling anxiety. My motivation level isn't peak. After I do all my daily duties, I have very little time/motivation/energy to blog.

***

We just came back from a wonderful cruise on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas. So, I will make this be the main topic of this post. Plus, vacation blog posts are always easy and quick to write.

The trip was wonderful and awesome. The ship was great. The weather was as good as it gets. I think I felt the ship move two or three times. No joke! The seas were incredibly calm. And the kids had great behavior. It was really an awesome trip. This cruise was #7 for the kids, so at this point everyone gets the rhythm of the travel.

We decided to buy airline tickets through company benefits. It was great...stress free! My Father-In-Law was in the hospital the weeks around/while on the cruise, so Steve was trying to keep overall stress down. Good call!

Cici was reading her latest Dave Pilkey book. 

'wonder'
 headed into MCO

we stayed at the Embassy Suites by MCO, and walked to a joint for lunch.
While waiting for our food on the patio, Ben and Cici explored the gardens. Wouldn't you know it, Ben caught a gecko! Steve said he tried to catch one, as a kid, and never was able.

After a seamless boarding process (it sure helps we are Platinum and could board early), we were on the ship in no time.

This was the Boardwalk area. It was a great area, and the Aqua Theatre was a very cool venue.


The first of dozens of ice cream cones...of course!!



trivia was pretty competitive on the ship.
We did fine, and the kids had fun contributing

this girl is proud that she knows how to spell 'onomatopoeia' thanks to her 2nd grade teacher!

the sunset pulling out of Labadee Haiti was remarkable. I mean, just amazing! The island is beautiful. 

relaxed and casual
wearing my "believe survivors" t-shirt
https://www.ibelievewomen.com/

in Cozumel after a fun excursion.
We drove a two-seat speed boat to a snorkeling location. It was a blast!
http://www.aviomar.com.mx/?tour=2-speed-boat-and-beach&lang=en

We have had not-so-great snorkeling excursions in the past, so we were happy that this was successful. We can officially say that our world is now open to snorkeling, which opens a whole new world while cruising.



Steve and I were both happy to find Pilsner Urquell on the ship. This was one of many beers shared on the balcony. 




Steve and the kids zip-lined on the ship, as well as in Labadee, Haiti.


Ice skating on the ship...how cool!
I'm too chicken shit to skate anymore...I worry too much about falling and busting up my back more.

the morning we got into Cozumel.



Cici on the wave rider. She did great!
I'm adding the wipe out picture just because it's funny...
and EXACTLY why I won't try it (read: too afraid to bust up my back)



Ben also did great!
Again, adding the wipe out just because it's funny





We really enjoyed the ship. It was huge. There were actually places that we didn't get to, like the Champagne Bar. We just never got around to it. We like the fact that Royal Caribbean has a lot for the kids to do. Ben, at age 11, has no interest in the kids club. But, I think next year, age 12, he'll certainly show interest in the lounge for (pre)teens.

We are planning on cruising Alaska in June, and perhaps in March for spring break. We may be crazy/addicted, but we really just like cruising. It's a truly relaxing vacation. Plus, we love the water. The kids have a great time. They are still so young...we do plan on traveling the world more with them, but not quite yet. When making those long-ass flights to Hawaii or Asia or South American, we want them to really remember it. That time will come.

Sorry for the lag in blogging. I hope to blog more...and now that the first-draft of my book is done, perhaps I will have more time to blog. Love you all!















Comments

  1. Welcome back, you have been missed!
    Random question - does Steve grow facial hair when on vacation? My husband (corporate pilot) always enters into a no-shave-zone when he knows he has a block of vacation days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!! I like it to a certain point, and then I'm over it. I'm actually used to him being clean-shaven, and prefer him that way.

      Delete

Post a Comment