My 7 Links

Hi guys! So my friend Brittney at Life in a Holding Pattern invited me to participate in the 7 Links challenge.




THE GOAL
To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.



THE RULES

1) Blogger is nominated to take part

2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.

3) Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.

4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers

5) And so it goes on!

6) We’ll be sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on our blog and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links

Most Beautiful
My recent post, Evolution of a Pilot Wife, is probably my most beautiful.  I chose this one because it highlights so much about us.  Steve and I are not perfect, our children are not perfect, but we have a beautiful relationship...we have a beautiful family...we have a beautiful life.  We have come a long way, and we have been successful so far...yes, we have our imperfections and times where we are about to lose it, but that is what makes life beautiful. 
 
Most Popular
I am almost embarrased to admit that my two most popular posts are: Mile High Club and Hey Baby I'm an Airline Pilot  Ironic this comes up, because yesterday I was looking through my google analytics, and I noticed that a lot of people gets to my website from search that are definitely NOT PG.  There must be a lot of people out there that like the whole airline pilot fantasy thing, because my blog sure does get hit a lot.
 
 
Most Controversial
I don't know if I can reference anything here.  I am not a very controversial person, and people don't really comment negatively towards my posts. 
 
Most Helpful
I think these two posts are most helpful, and when I have them on seperate tabs in my blog: Moving from Regional to Mainline and Why Our Relationship Works.  These two posts actually have direct suggestions on how to do things.  I feel that if someone reads these, they can actually find my suggestions informative and hopefully helpful to them.
 
Suprise Success
I am going to take a bit of a spin on this one.  To me, success in my blog is when I can connect/relate with someone.  There is one post in particular, Up in the Air, that prompted a comment from a fellow pilot wife.  I absolutely loved reading her comment.  I loved hearding that she could relate to each post.  Us pilot wives are all in the same boat.  I like to keep things open and honest, and to know that other women are in the same boat as me makes me feel successful with this blog. 
 
Not Enough Attention
The day in the life of a pilot, from my point of view didn't get enough attention, in my opinion.  It isn't always easy being a single mom, and this posts showcases that.  It also shows how busy you can be, and how little you talk on the phone at times.
 
Most Proud
I have to say that I am most proud of Flying Solo.  Not necessarily in the post itself, but what the post is about, which was having a crazy busy weekend...and doing it by myself.  Last summer, in the midst of having a house on the market and fixing up a new one, I was able to somehow be superwoman a lot of the summer. Yes, I nearly had a breakdown towards the end of the summer, but we made it
 
A close second is I Can Do This.  This post was about a point with the kids where I realized I really could do this single parenting thing.  Having to take care of house and home when Steve is gone isn't always easy, and I do take pride in keeping it all together.
 
 
I nominate:
Aggie at Whirly Wife
Amanda at PATD, White Dog and a Blog
Emms at 3hearts2hold1love
Janice at Zielinskifamilyblog
Courtney at The Wright Way
 
 
Have fun!

Comments

  1. I think I'm the one you were referring to who left a comment.. Just wanted you to know I Still thoroughly enjoy your posts, and when I tell my husband about them I usually say, "you know my Internet friend Joanna" .. You might think that's strange but I feel like friends, and you really have made a difference in my outlook and attitude of this lifestyle. While it probably wouldn't be what I would choose, I'm determined to put a smile on and make the best of it. And you, my friend, remind me to be a good wife. So, thank you! Please keep posting, I enjoy each and every sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment